Breakfast with Mickey

Breakfast with Mickey
Beautiful day with the fam at Aulani

Monday, March 5, 2012

Strength, yep we got lots!

These last few days, I've been thinking about just how "strong" our family is! That word can describe many different attributes.. For example, Jily is a strong baby. She's been rolling from side to side since she was 12 days old, grasping her own bottle since 6 weeks, holding her head up very well since birth, pulling up and standing with our assistance since 12 weeks. Jily is definitely like her father in physical strength because when I think of how strong Josh is, it's more in a tough guy sense. He can endure a lot like running and weight lifting that I could not or would not rather want to do haha! Don't get me wrong, he's also in every definition of strong emotionally and spiritually solid as well!
Then there's sweet little Jakson. He's "super tough and super strong" indeed too! He loves running and sports and playing for hours with no signs of fatigue one! He's also a very strong-willed child. Nos are still maybes and questions cannot have only one answer. Today I bet he asked about a Shirley Temple 20 times, as if it would speed up the delivery time when the answer was we will see about one with supper. Jak never forgets anything, especially what he is looking forward to. He's signed up to play T-Ball and it seems to be right up his alley because he loves both challenges and competition! I'm so very excited and proud to have a relentless child, even though some days are long and tiring lol!
Finally there's me! Whew, where shall we start?! Since I'm exhausted from a wonderful weekend and have another long week ahead, I'll just say I can just see how much I've grown over the years! I have learned so much from my past and love being a wife and mommy so much! They are hard jobs, but by staying strong, mainly in my Christin beliefs and starting each day anew, I feel refreshed and able to conquer any hurdles from both the past and by focusing on the present! I am so very grateful for our huge support unit!
I'd be silly to say we are strong alone bc we aren't! Through God and our cheerleaders, we keep pushing on! I love watching my children learn and grow! Jakson reminds me of a little lawyer to be.. He builds his case and presents it well... Amazing how great a 4 year old can communicate! Jily, well, she reminds me of a mini sumo wrestler ;D
Thank you Josh for everything you do! I don't think I say it often enough, but hopefully it always shows AND you see that I strive to continously be strong like you are for us, each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment