Breakfast with Mickey

Breakfast with Mickey
Beautiful day with the fam at Aulani

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Changes...

I feel like mostly all that has changed in our lives are for the greater good! New baby, church home, living on base... It's funny how we evolve over the years and can look back at all the ways in which we too have adapted to the surroundings and life we create! I'm both nervous and excited to move off the island, the place we will have called home for the past couple of years! Here we have made amazing friends and stay active with wonderful daily activities from recreational activities to church program to MOPs and playgroups as well as Jakson's preschool activities! Planting new roots somewhere means you grow... Then become accustomed to the routines you create! I love how the military gives our family a sense of community though.. Wherever we go, we will have met people who were headed somewhere we may follow on our journey too!
Today my husband out of the blue says, "church -- that's what's made a difference!" Shocking sentence if you know my husband haha! Only because his witty humor would make you wonder if he's serious or not sometimes! Even I don't always know when he's serious or joking until I see his smile bc he can look so stern or goofy in a moment's notice when he's playing around! Truly church has been great for us in learning how to trust God and each other with our daily life, struggles, worries and changes. To spend that time together in His word listening to strong parables from the Bible gives our week a revitalization we couldn't create ourselves. I have noticed we talk more, not just about God, but about what's heavy on our hearts, our feelings, with our kids... We gain patience and are much slower to anger!
Our family may not have it all together, but together we have it all! I love that motto!! Life has it's ups and downs, moments of glory and times of sorrow.. No matter what changes life may bring, with the Lord, we can weather any storm!
I'm so proud of Josh, Jaks and Jily... Today I teared up several times, all for different reasons -- Jily's shots (oh I always cried with Jakson too), Jak's loving statement about taking needles for his sister and my husband telling a personal story to one of our best friends bc he was so animated about it! What a blessed life we have and you can bet I don't forget anymore to look up and say thanks for that love above that never changes even everything else does!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment