Breakfast with Mickey

Breakfast with Mickey
Beautiful day with the fam at Aulani

Friday, August 31, 2012

It's been a while...

I have thought to myself a lot lately about blogging..

Then something else more important comes up! Gosh, I can't even think of a good recap because soooo much has happened in the course of the last few months!!

I post pretty often on FB just the usual simply put thoughts of something funny that kids do, Jak says, a Jily milestone, pics, family adventures, and other little tidbits. Maybe someday I will have more "extra" time, haha.. Not likely with 2 kiddos anytime soon ;0

To start: our fam is now in Washington State as Jak likes to call it. Since its no secret, josh is stationed on the USS Nimitz.. This was not only a huge change for us weather wise, as leaving Hawaii and its beautiful temperate climate was hard, but now our Oshy won't be with us near as much as before. Hey, at least we moved here during the summer right?!?! This is hard too because I had a tremendous support system in HI, making wonderful friends there that are missed so much, yet just a few years ago, I left Arkansas feeling the same...

The Lord has nothing short of blessed us here too though! We found a great church here immediately and knew some awesome families that were also transferred to this area! That has branched into meeting new families and with Jak heading into PreK and us finding a local MOPS and AWANAS, I'm sure we will establish strong roots here as well!

The best advise I was given by a sweet friend was, "Blossom where you are planted!" I was contemplating if the house we were moving to in Lake Stevens was right for us and how this house could be made into our home. So many transitions had hit us at once: new baby, moving, traveling in 2 separate directions all summer.. I'm very glad we had the opportunity to enjoy a cool cross country RV trip with the kids (4.5 and 9 months lol)!!!

Guess what? We are here, settling in, unpacking and about to hit the road running with a new schedule.. I love the area we are in more and more each day! My kids are healthy and happy and I have an amazing hubby that cherishes every moment he can spend with us! I feel like I let my fears and worries get the bet of me at some points when I shouldn't have. I definitely need to rely more on prayer and thanksgiving. I often wonder since I'm new to the military lifestyle, how these families make it look so easy? Knowing that every new experience is just one more temporary chapter... I can say though, it somehow makes us stronger and more appreciative!

Thank you God for our blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment